• What Time Do Gates Open and Films Start?
Gates open at 5PM. The film starts from 6:30PM at sunset, you can check out when the sun sets HERE. As we are an outdoor cinema we need it to be dark for the film to be visible on the screen. We recommend arriving early to get the best spot possible as we often fill up. It also gives you time grab your food & drinks and settle in for the film.
• Can I Bring the Kids Along?
Absolutely, Sunset Cinema is the perfect place to enjoy a family night out or entertainment the kids for a few hours. Also, be aware that we sometimes show films classified MA15+ (for the adults) which require children under 15 to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
• What Should I Bring?
To fully enjoy your Sunset Cinema experience, we suggest the following things:- Layering up or bringing a blanket for those chillier summer nights.
– Insect repellent to keep those mozzies away!
– If you haven’t hired any seating then you are more than welcome to bring you own rugs, pillows, lawn chairs ect. Just be aware that taller chairs will be restricted to the back of the grounds so that everyone can see the screen.
– If it looks like it’s going to rain then a poncho is recommended as we will only cancel the session if the weather becomes heavy and dangerous. We will also have a limited amount of Ponchos and blankets available on-site. No open umbrellas are allowed during the screening.
– Friends, Family or Dates; Sunset Cinema is best enjoyed with others!
• Can I Bring My Camera?
We love to see your snaps at Sunset Cinema. You can share them on Instagram with us by tagging @thesunsetcinema and using #sunsetcinema so we can see & repost them. However, we request that no professional recording equipment or flash photography is used during the film.
• Where Can I Buy Tickets?
You can purchase your tickets online. Simply select your session from our PROGRAM and then your tickets. We also have a box office which is open the night of the screening but tickets and seating are subject to availability and cheaper if purchased online.
• Can I Show My Tickets on My Phone?
• I’ve Lost My Ticket.
• Can I Change to Another Screening?
We understand that sometimes life can get in the way of a pre-planned night at Sunset Cinema. If you would like to swap your tickets to another session, simply:
- Go to your Sunset Cinema ACCOUNT and login
- Click ‘list tickets’
- Select the tickets you would like to swap and select ‘exchange’
- Follow the prompts to choose another session.
There is a $1.50 exchange fee on all tickets (excl seating). Tickets cannot be exchanged for a transaction that is lesser value than the original. Tickets can only be exchanged up until 24 hours before the session time. Unfortunately tickets & seating are non-refundable.
• What If I Can No Longer Attend?
• What Age Do I Pay for A Child?
• What is the Lawn Lounge?
• Can I Upgrade My Tickets to the Lawn Lounge?
• What are the Ticket Booking Fees?
• Do You Offer Discounts for Concessions Or Carers?
• How Do I Redeem a Ticket Voucher or Discount Code?
To redeem a discount code or ticket voucher/complimentary pass (excluding Gift Cards) simply:
- Select your preferred screening
- Enter your unique Code and Validate
- Select your discounted or complimentary ticket and Add To Cart
- Follow to prompts to proceed to checkout and complete the transaction
Please check the terms and conditions of each voucher as they may differ.
• What if it Rains?
Sunset Cinema is an Aussie summer outdoor event. Part and parcel of that is being open to all the elements mother nature may throw at us; including unpredictable weather changes at any moment. We screen in most weather conditions, including those rainy summer nights. We only cancel screenings in seriously foul weather where danger presents itself to our patrons and staff.
We encourage you to check the forecast HERE and like all good adventurers, pack accordingly (and remember forecasts can change). If it looks like rain, then wear something waterproof and if it looks a little chilly, then bring something to snuggle under.
If packing and prepping isn’t your thing, we’ve got limited rain ponchos available on site if it begins to rain and blankets in case it gets cool.
Coming to an outdoor event always has its weather risks. You accept, by purchasing tickets, that you acknowledge the unpredictability of the weather and no refunds will be given if you do not find the weather satisfactory.
In the unlikely event of a cancellation, the notification will come via SMS & Email. You will be entitled to exchange your tickets to another screening night during the current season. Refunds will not be given for weather cancellations, unless it is the final week of the season.
• I Have Tickets to a Cancelled Session. What Now?
Eat & Drink
• Can I BYO Alcohol?
• Can I BYO Food?
• What Food & Drinks Are Available?
• How Do I Get To Sunset Cinema Brisbane?
• Can I Smoke?
In the event of a total fire ban, no smoking will be permitted.
• Can I Bring My Pet?
• Is Sunset Cinema an Accessible Event?
Unfortunately due to the technical requirements of outdoor cinema we are unable to offer any closed caption or audio descriptive screenings.
• I’ve Lost Something at the Cinema.
If you have already left the cinema, send us an email at email@example.com and we will have our staff look for you.
• What Seating is Available?
• Can I Bring My Own Seating?
• Are There Discounts for Groups?
• What Can I Redeem My Gift Card For?
• How Do I Redeem A Gift Card?
- Select your Sunset Cinema session at sunsetcinema.com.au
- Choose your tickets, add them to your cart & proceed to checkout
- Sign up or login to our ticketing provider
- Enter your Gift Card code under ‘Voucher Code’ in payment methods and click APPLY
- Complete transaction & enjoy the film!