What Time Do Gates Open and Films Start?
Gates open at 6:30PM. The film starts at last light, you can check out when the sun sets HERE. As we are an outdoor cinema we need it to be dark for the film to be visible on the screen. Once you arrive, a designated hygiene marshal will designate you a position. This process may take longer than usual and we appreciate your patience and understanding.
Can I Bring the Kids Along?
Absolutely, Sunset Cinema is the perfect place to enjoy a family night out or entertain the kids for a few hours. Also, be aware that we sometimes show films classified MA15+ (for the adults), which require children under 15 to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
What Should I Bring?
To fully enjoy your Sunset Cinema experience, we suggest the following things: Layering up or bringing a blanket for those chillier summer nights.
– Insect repellent to keep those mozzies away!
– If you haven’t hired any seating then you are more than welcome to bring your own rugs, pillows, lawn chairs ect. Just be aware that taller chairs will be restricted to the back of the grounds so that everyone can see the screen.
– If it looks like it’s going to rain then a poncho is recommended as we will only cancel the session if the weather becomes heavy and dangerous. We will also have a limited amount of Ponchos and blankets available on-site. No open umbrellas are allowed during the screening.
– Friends, Family or Dates; Sunset Cinema is best enjoyed with others!
Can I Bring My Camera?
We love to see your snaps at Sunset Cinema. You can share them on Instagram with us by tagging @thesunsetcinema and using #imasunsetter & #sunsetcinema so we can see & repost them. However, we request that no professional recording equipment or flash photography is used during the film.
Where Can I Buy Tickets?
You can purchase your tickets online. Simply select your session from our PROGRAM and then your tickets. We do not have a box office and all tickets must be purchased before you arrive.
Can I Show My Tickets on My Phone?
I’ve Lost My Ticket.
Can I Change to Another Screening?
We understand that sometimes life can get in the way of a pre-planned night at Sunset Cinema. If you would like to swap your tickets to another session, simply:
- Go to your Sunset Cinema ACCOUNT and login
- Click ‘list tickets’
- Select the tickets you would like to swap and select ‘exchange’
- Follow the prompts to choose another session.
There is a $1.50 exchange fee on all tickets (excl seating) plus any price difference. Tickets cannot be exchanged for a transaction that is lesser value than the original. Tickets can only be exchanged up until 24 hours before the session time. Unfortunately tickets & seating are non-refundable.
What If I Can No Longer Attend?
What Age Do I Pay for A Child?
What is the Lawn Lounge?
The Lawn Lounge is the premium way to experience Sunset Cinema. Add this onto your general admission ticket and you will receive, a reserved bean lounger, seating in a prime viewing area & bottomless popcorn.
Can I Upgrade My Tickets to the Lawn Lounge?
What are the Ticket Booking Fees?
Do You Offer Discounts for Concessions Or Carers?
How Do I Redeem a Ticket Voucher or Discount Code?
To redeem a discount code or ticket voucher/complimentary pass (excluding Gift Cards) simply:
- Select your preferred screening
- Enter your unique Code and Validate
- Select your discounted or complimentary ticket and Add To Cart
- Follow to prompts to proceed to checkout and complete the transaction
Please check the terms and conditions of each voucher as they may differ.
What if it is Unusual Weather?
If we cancel your screening we will:
- SMS the mobile number of the person who booked your ticket (hopefully they’ll share this with you if that wasn’t you).
- Put a CANCELLED message across the screening page on the website.
- Email the person who booked your ticket with instructions on how to exchange your tickets (see next FAQ)
You can view our full Wet Weather Policy HERE.
I Have Tickets to a Cancelled Session. What Now?
Eat & Drink
Can I BYO Alcohol?
Can I BYO Food?
What Food & Drinks Are Available?
How Do I Get To Sunset Cinema Canberra?
Can I Smoke?
We like to keep Sunset Cinemas smoke-free. However, if you have too, we have a designated location away from the seated area. Please make sure you appropriately dispose of your cigarette butt/s.In the event of a total fire ban, no smoking will be permitted.
Can I Bring My Pet?
Is Sunset Cinema an Accessible Event?
Disability parking is available on-site. There is a path that leads from the parking to the cinema set-up. It can be a bit of a distance, if assistance is needed then please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange our Venue Manager to assist you on the night. Unfortunately, due to the technical requirements of outdoor cinema we are unable to offer any closed caption or audio descriptive screenings.
I’ve Lost Something at the Cinema.
If you’re still on-site and can’t find something, report it to one of our staff and leave your details. If you have already left the cinema, send us an email at email@example.com and we will have our staff look for you.
What Seating is Available
Can I Bring My Own Seating?
Are There Discounts for Groups?
What Can I Redeem My Gift Card For?
How Do I Redeem A Gift Card?
- Select your Sunset Cinema session at sunsetcinema.com.au
- Choose your tickets, add them to your cart & proceed to checkout
- Sign up or login to our ticketing provider
- Enter your Gift Card code under ‘Gift Card Code’ in payment methods and click APPLY
- Complete transaction & enjoy the film!