• What Time Do Gates Open and Films Start?
Gates open at 6:30PM. The films starts from last light (approx. 8:00PM). As we are an outdoor cinema we need it to be dark for the film to be visible on the screen. We recommend arriving early to give you enough time to grab your food & drinks and settle in for the film.
• Can I Bring the Kids Along?
Absolutely, Sunset Drive-In is the perfect place to enjoy a family night out or entertain the kids for a few hours. However, due to the current NSW Health Order; all unvaccinated patrons under 16 must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated member of the same household. Due to heavy fines, a Sunset Drive-in staff member may refuse entry if we believe this order is not being adhered to.
Also, be aware that we sometimes show films classified MA15+ (for the adults) which require children under 15 to be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Films that are R18+ require all attendees to be 18 or older.
• What Should I Bring?
To fully enjoy your Sunset Cinema experience, we suggest the following things:
- Layering up or bringing a blanket for those chillier spring nights.
- Insect repellent to keep those mozzies away (if your window is open).
- Snacks, food & drinks are all welcome. We will also have these available onsite if you’d rather purchase then!
- Friends, Family or Dates; Sunset Drive In is best enjoyed with others!
• Can I Meet My Friends Onsite?
Due to OH&S and our COVID safe plan, we strictly do not allow any walk-ins to Sunset Drive-in. You must be safely seated in a vehicle to gain access to the cinema arena. However, you may meet outside the cinema arena and safely sit in one car before entry to the cinema arena.
We note that last season there was some leniency, this is no longer the case due to the strict Health Order we must follow.
• Can I Bring My Camera?
We love to see your snaps at Sunset Cinema. You can share them on Instagram with us by tagging @thesunsetcinema and using #thesunsetdrivein so we can see & repost them. However, we request that no professional recording equipment or flash photography is used during the film and recording the film is strictly prohibited by law.
• Where Can I Buy Tickets?
You can purchase your tickets online only. Simply select your session from our PROGRAM and then your tickets. There is no box office at the venue.
• Can I Show My Tickets on My Phone?
• I’ve Lost My Ticket.
• Can I Change to Another Screening?
We understand that sometimes life can get in the way of a pre-planned night at Sunset Cinema. If you would like to swap your tickets to another session, simply:
- Go to your Sunset Cinema ACCOUNT and login
- Click ‘list tickets’
- Select the tickets you would like to swap and select ‘exchange’
- Follow the prompts to choose another session.
There is a $2 exchange fee on all tickets. Tickets cannot be exchanged for a transaction that is lesser value than the original. Tickets can only be exchanged up until 24 hours before the session time. Unfortunately tickets are non-refundable.
• What If I Can No Longer Attend?
• What Does A Ticket Cover?
• Can I Upgrade the Number of Admits?
• What are the Ticket Booking Fees?
• Do You Offer Discounts for Concessions Or Carers?
• How Do I Redeem a Ticket Voucher or Discount Code?
To redeem a discount code or ticket voucher/complimentary pass (excluding Gift Cards) simply:
- Select your preferred screening
- Enter your unique Code and Validate
- Select your discounted or complimentary ticket and Add To Cart
- Follow to prompts to proceed to checkout and complete the transaction
Please check the terms and conditions of each voucher as they may differ.
• Can I Redeem A Sunset Cinema Gift Card/Voucher?
Gift Cards from Sunset Cinema North Sydney are redeemable at Sunset Drive-In.
- Select your Sunset Cinema session at sunsetcinema.com.au
- Choose your tickets, add them to your cart & proceed to checkout
- Sign up or login to our ticketing provider
- Enter your Gift Card code under ‘Voucher Code’ in payment methods and click APPLY
- Complete transaction & enjoy the film!
• What if it Rains?
Sunset Drive-In is an Aussie spring/summer outdoor event. Part and parcel of that is being open to all the elements mother nature may throw at us; including unpredictable weather changes at any moment. We screen in most weather conditions, including those light rainy summer nights. We only cancel screenings in extremely bad weather where danger presents itself to our patrons and staff, or if there is potential to damage the St Ives Showground lawn.
We encourage you to check the forecast HERE and check that your windscreen wipers are working!
Coming to an outdoor event always has its weather risks. You accept, by purchasing tickets, that you acknowledge the unpredictability of the weather and no refunds will be given if you do not find the weather satisfactory.
In the unlikely event of a cancellation, the notification will come via SMS & Email. You will be entitled to a full refund. This policy is in place due to the limited season and high likelihood of future sold-out screenings.
Food & Drink
• What Food & Drinks Are Available?
• Can I BYO Food, Drinks & Alcohol?
• How Do I Get To Sunset Drive-In Ku-ring-gai?
• Can I Smoke or Vape?
• Can I Bring My Pet?
• Is Sunset Drive-In an Accessible Event?
• I’ve Lost Something at the Cinema.
If you’re still on-site and can’t find something, report it to one of our staff and leave your details.If you have already left the cinema, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will have our staff look for you.
• Do You Have A Covid-19 Policy?
• Do I Need To Be Vaccinated?
As per the NSW Public Health Order, all patrons 16 years or older must be fully vaccinated to attend Sunset Drive-in. You vaccination certificate will be checked upon entry, failure to provide one will result in refusal of entry.
In addition, all unvaccinated patrons under 16 must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated member of the same household. Sunset staff members reserve the right to refused entry if they believe this is not being adhered to.