Frequently Asked Questions
Can’t find an answer to your question? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What Time Do Gates Open and Films Start?
We recommend arriving early to get the best spot possible as we often fill up. It also gives you time grab your food & drinks and settle in for the film.
Can I Bring the Kids Along?
Also, be aware that we sometimes show films classified MA15+ (for the adults) which require children under 15 to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
What Should I Bring?
– Layering up or bringing a blanket for those chillier summer nights.
– Insect repellent to keep those mozzies away!
– If you haven’t hired any seating then you are more than welcome to bring you own rugs, pillows, lawn chairs ect. Just be aware that taller chairs will be restricted to the back of the grounds so that everyone can see the screen.
– If it looks like it’s going to rain then a poncho is recommended as we will only cancel the session if the weather becomes heavy and dangerous. We will also have a limited amount of Ponchos and blankets available on-site. No open umbrellas are allowed during the screening.
– Friends, Family or Dates; Sunset Cinema is best enjoyed with others!
Can I Bring My Camera?
However, we request that no professional recording equipment or flash photography is used during the film.
Where Can I Buy Tickets?
We also have a box office which is open the night of the screening but tickets and seating are subject to availability and cheaper if purchased online.
Can I Show My Tickets on My Phone?
I’ve Lost My Ticket.
Can I Change to Another Screening?
- Go to your Sunset Cinema ACCOUNT and login
- Click ‘list tickets’
- Select the tickets you would like to swap and select ‘exchange’
- Follow the prompts to choose another session.
There is a $1 exchange fee on all tickets (excl seating). Tickets cannot be exchanged for a transaction that is lesser value than the original. Tickets can only be exchanged up until 5 days before the session time. Unfortunately tickets & seating are non-refundable.
What If I Can No Longer Attend?
What Age Do I Pay for A Child?
What is the Lawn Lounge?
You will also have a waiter dedicated to your area who will be able to take any orders for you up until the film commences.
Can I Upgrade My Tickets to the Lawn Lounge?
What are the Ticket Booking Fees?
Do You Offer Discounts for Concessions Or Carers?
How Do I Redeem a Ticket Voucher or Discount Code?
- Select your preferred screening
- Enter your unique Code and Validate
- Select your discounted or complimentary ticket and Add To Cart
- Follow to prompts to proceed to checkout and complete the transaction
Please check the terms and conditions of each voucher as they may differ.
What if it Rains?
If the weather does become too much for us to be able to screen the film then we will likely make a decision to cancel around 4PM. In the event of a cancellation the ticket buyer will receive a text message & email, we will also post it on Facebook. If you do not hear from us then you can assume that the screening is going ahead.
You can view our full Wet Weather Policy HERE.
I Have Tickets to a Cancelled Session. What Now?
Eat & Drink
Can I BYO Alcohol?
Can I BYO Food?
What Food & Drinks Are Available?
How Do I Get To Sunset Cinema Melbourne?
Can I Smoke?
In the event of a total fire ban, no smoking will be permitted.
Can I Bring My Pet?
Is Sunset Cinema an Accessible Event?
Unfortunately due to the technical requirements of outdoor cinema we are unable to offer any closed caption or audio descriptive screenings.
I’ve Lost Something at the Cinema.
If you have already left the cinema, send us an email at email@example.com and we will have our staff look for you.
What Seating is Available
Can I Bring My Own Seating?
Are There Discounts for Groups?
What Can I Redeem My Gift Card For?
How Do I Redeem A Gift Card?
- Select your Sunset Cinema session at sunsetcinema.com.au
- Choose your tickets, add them to your cart & proceed to checkout
- Sign up or login to our ticketing provider
- Enter your x number Gift Card code under ‘Voucher Code’ in payment methods and click APPLY
- Complete transaction & enjoy the film!