TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
SUNSET CINEMA CANBERRA
- Admission is by valid ticket or complementary pass.
- Your ticket is valid for the 2018 & 19 season only (Wednesday 28 November 2018 to Saturday 12 January 2019). All ticket sales are final and non-transferable. Refunds will not be made for inadvertently booking the wrong session nor for a cancellation or termination due to adverse weather conditions. In addition, no refunds will be issued on unused tickets, seating or gift cards/vouchers.
Tickets can be exchanged for a new session via your online account, but this must be done at least 5 days before the originally booked session is scheduled to commence. All exchanges are subject to a $1 exchange fee per ticket.
- Seating for ticket holders is non-reserved and at the discretion of Sunset Cinema management. The Lawn Lounge area is also unreserved seating however all Lawn Lounge ticketholders are guaranteed an Ultimate Bean Lounger placed in a reserved area.
- Sunset Cinema reserves the right to refuse entry to the venue and vary advertised films. It also retains sole discretion to commence the film based on available light levels.
- By attending, all patrons must be willing to have their bag/s searched upon entry. Any alcohol, illegal weapons or substances found will be confiscated. Confiscated alcohol can be collected upon departure. Please also note that the use of umbrellas in adverse weather is not permitted – please bring clothing suitable for all types of weather.
- Please note the film rating (where available) for your selected film is on our website: www.sunsetcinema.com.au/canberra. Photo identification will be required for restricted films.
- Smoking is only permitted in the designated area. In the event of a heightened fire threat, smoking will not be permitted anywhere in the venue.
- Dogs and pets are not permitted.
- Patrons aged 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Ticketholders with high chairs, including camp chairs, will be directed to sit towards the rear of the venue. In some circumstances, our staff may request you to relocate if your chair/s are causing undue sight issues for others. You will be expected to follow staff directions in this regard.
- Sound recording equipment, video, movie and mobile phone cameras must not be used during the film.
- Subject to a ticket holders’ rights under applicable laws where liability may not be excluded, restricted or modified, Sunset Cinema, the ticketing company or the venue are not liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result of attendance at Sunset Cinema and disclaim the existence of any common law duty of care to any ticket holder.
ADVERSE WEATHER & SCREENING CANCELLATIONS
IMB Bank Sunset Cinema is an outdoor event and is occasionally subject to adverse weather.
Normally screenings proceed wherever possible, and are not cancelled for light/intermittent/potential rain. The decision to cancel a screening is made by the Event Manager on site in consultation with the Sunset Cinema Operations Manager, and can be made at any time up to or during a screening, as weather conditions can deteriorate or improve rapidly. Screenings will be cancelled if weather conditions pose a safety threat to patrons and staff.
Patrons accept the risk that weather they consider unsatisfactory may occur on a screening night and acknowledge that tickets will not be credited or refunded unless a screening is officially cancelled by Sunset Cinema.
Sunset Cinema does not provide refunds on tickets in the event of a cancellation due to adverse weather. If a session is cancelled due to adverse weather, tickets & seating will become exchangeable for another session during the current season only. Your exchange transaction total price must be equal or greater than your original transaction price. This exchange is subject to availability, if there is no availability in your preferred new session a refund will not be given. You must retain your original passes and vouchers in order to re-use them on another night.
Screening cancellations will be communicated via the Sunset Cinema website, SMS notification, email and the event’s Facebook page.
The email will contain instructions on how to exchange your tickets for another session during the current screening season. There is no fee to exchange tickets to a new session if a weather cancellation is forced.
In the event that a cancellation due to adverse weather occurs in the final week of the advertised season, and a ticket holder is unable to attend another session during that season, ticket holders are invited to email us at email@example.com quoting the session, city and booking reference code to receive a refund to the face value of their tickets (excluding booking fees).