What Time Do Gates Open and Films Start?
Gates open at 6:30PM. The film starts at last light, you can check out when the sun sets HERE. As we are an outdoor cinema we need it to be dark for the film to be visible on the screen. Once you arrive, a designated hygiene marshal will designate you a position. This process may take longer than usual and we appreciate your patience and understanding.
Can I Bring the Kids Along?
Absolutely, Sunset Cinema is the perfect place to enjoy a family night out or entertainment the kids for a few hours. Also, be aware that we sometimes show films classified MA15+ (for the adults) which require children under 15 to be accompanied by a parent or guardian & R18+ films which require all patrons to be 18+.
What Should I Bring?
To fully enjoy your Sunset Cinema experience, we suggest the following things:- Layering up or bringing a blanket for those chillier summer nights.
– Insect repellent to keep those mozzies away!
– If you are in the Cricket Lawn area and haven’t hired any seating then you are more than welcome to bring you own rugs, pillows, lawn chairs ect. Just be aware that taller chairs will be restricted to the back of the grounds so that everyone can see the screen. If you are in the Grandstand area, you can bring pillows and blankets.
– If it looks like it’s going to rain then a poncho is recommended as we will only cancel the session if the weather becomes heavy and dangerous. We will also have a limited amount of blankets available on-site for purchase. No open umbrellas are allowed during the screening.
– Friends, Family or Dates; Sunset Cinema is best enjoyed with others!
Can I Bring My Camera?
We love to see your snaps at Sunset Cinema. You can share them on Instagram with us by tagging @thesunsetcinema and using #imasunsetter & #sunsetcinema so we can see & repost them.However, we request that no professional recording equipment or flash photography is used during the film.
Where Can I Buy Tickets?
You can purchase your tickets online. Simply select your session from our PROGRAM and then your tickets.We do not have a box office and all tickets must be purchased before you arrive.
Can I Show My Tickets on My Phone?
I’ve Lost My Ticket.
Can I Change to Another Screening?
We understand that sometimes life can get in the way of a pre-planned night at Sunset Cinema. If you would like to swap your tickets to another session, simply:
- Go to your Sunset Cinema ACCOUNT and login
- Click ‘list tickets’
- Select the tickets you would like to swap and select ‘exchange’
- Follow the prompts to choose another session.
There is a $1.50 exchange fee on all tickets (excl seating) plus any price difference between the new and old ticket (excludes weather cancellation exchanges). Tickets cannot be exchanged for a transaction that is lesser value than the original. Tickets can only be exchanged up until 24 hours before the session time. Unfortunately tickets & seating are non-refundable.
What If I Can No Longer Attend?
What Age Do I Pay for A Child?
What is the Lawn Lounge?
The Lawn Lounge is our premium package to experience Sunset Cinema the best way possible. Add this onto your Cricket Lawn general admission ticket and you will receive, a reserved bean lounger, seating in a prime viewing area & bottomless popcorn. Please note that this upgrade is not applicable to the Grandstand area.
Can I Upgrade My Tickets to the Lawn Lounge?
What are the Ticket Booking Fees?
Do You Offer Discounts for Concessions Or Carers?
How Do I Redeem a Ticket Voucher or Discount Code?
To redeem a discount code or ticket voucher/complimentary pass (excluding Gift Cards) simply:
- Select your preferred screening
- Enter your unique Code and Validate
- Select your discounted or complimentary ticket and Add To Cart
- Follow to prompts to proceed to checkout and complete the transaction
Please check the terms and conditions of each voucher as they may differ.
How Do I Redeem a Dine and Discover Voucher?
All Dine and Discover information can be found HERE.
What if it is unusual weather?
- SMS the mobile number of the person who booked your ticket (hopefully they’ll share this with you if that wasn’t you).
- Put a CANCELLED message across the screening page on the website.
- Email the person who booked your ticket with instructions on how to exchange your tickets (see next FAQ)
You can view our full Wet Weather Policy HERE.
I Have Tickets to a Cancelled Session. What Now?
Eat & Drink
Can I BYO Alcohol?
Can I BYO Food?
What Food & Drinks Are Available?
How Do I Get To Sunset Cinema North Sydney?
Can I Smoke?
Can I Bring My Pet?
Is Sunset Cinema an Accessible Event?
Yes – although entry for wheelchairs is via the Ridge Street entry. This entry is not normally manned so please let us know you’re coming so we can have someone meet you at the entrance and assist you in. Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and our Venue Manager will liaise with you to ensure your night is memorable for all the right reasons. Unfortunately, due to the technical requirements of outdoor cinema we are unable to offer any closed caption or audio descriptive screenings.
I’ve Lost Something at the Cinema.
If you’re still on-site and can’t find something, report it to one of our staff and leave your details.If you have already left the cinema, send us an email at email@example.com and we will have our staff look for you.
What Seating is Available
Can I Bring My Own Seating?
Of course, picnic rugs, pillows and lawn chairs are welcome at Sunset Cinema however the Oval is sensitive so chairs with pointy legs are not permitted. Click here to view what this means 😉
We want you to be as comfy as possible but please be aware that if your seating is high and will restrict other’s viewing then we will ask that you sit towards the back or to one side of the audience area.
Are There Discounts for Groups?
What Can I Redeem My Gift Card For?
How Do I Redeem A Gift Card?
- Select your Sunset Cinema session at sunsetcinema.com.au
- Choose your tickets, add them to your cart & proceed to checkout
- Sign up or login to our ticketing provider
- Enter your Gift Card code under ‘Gift Card Code’ in payment methods and click APPLY
- Complete transaction & enjoy the film!
How Long Do I Have To Use A Gift Card?
Returning Summer 21/22
BEST LIFE AT SUNSET
Relax with a picnic in the afternoon then snuggle up for a movie under the stars.
DRINK & BE MERRY
Treat yourself to all the trimmings and make the most of your night out.