What Time Do Gates Open and Films Start?
Gates open at 7PM. The film starts at last light, you can check out when the sun sets HERE. As we are an outdoor cinema we need it to be dark for the film to be visible on the screen.We recommend arriving early to get the best spot possible as we often fill up. It also gives you time grab your food & drinks and settle in for the film.
Can I Bring the Kids Along?
Absolutely, but not on their own. Sunset Cinema is the perfect place to enjoy a family night out or entertainment the kids for a few hours. Also, be aware that we sometimes show films classified MA15+ (for the adults) which require children under 15 to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
What Should I Bring?
To fully enjoy your Sunset Cinema experience, we suggest the following things:- Layering up or bringing a blanket for those chillier summer nights.
– Insect repellent to keep those mozzies away!
– If you haven’t hired any seating then you are more than welcome to bring you own rugs, pillows, lawn chairs ect. Just be aware that taller chairs will be restricted to the back of the grounds so that everyone can see the screen.
– If it looks like it’s going to rain then a poncho is recommended as we will only cancel the session if the weather becomes heavy and dangerous. We will also have a limited amount of Ponchos and blankets available on-site. No open umbrellas are allowed during the screening.
– Friends, Family or Dates; Sunset Cinema is best enjoyed with others!
Can I Bring My Camera?
We love to see your snaps at Sunset Cinema. You can share them on Instagram with us by tagging @thesunsetcinema and using #imasunsetter & #sunsetcinema so we can see & repost them.However, we request that no professional recording equipment or flash photography is used during the film.
Where Can I Buy Tickets?
You can purchase your tickets online. Simply select your session from our PROGRAM and then your tickets.We also have a box office which is open the night of the screening but tickets and seating are subject to availability and cheaper if purchased online.
Can I Show My Tickets on My Phone?
I’ve Lost My Ticket.
Can I Change to Another Screening?
We understand that sometimes life can get in the way of a pre-planned night at Sunset Cinema. If you would like to swap your tickets to another session, simply:
- Go to your Sunset Cinema ACCOUNT and login
- Click ‘list tickets’
- Select the tickets you would like to swap and select ‘exchange’
- Follow the prompts to choose another session.
There is a $1.50 exchange fee on all tickets (excl seating) plus any price difference. Tickets cannot be exchanged for a transaction that is lesser value than the original. Tickets can only be exchanged up until 24hrs before the session time. Unfortunately tickets & seating are non-refundable.
What If I Can No Longer Attend?
What Age Do I Pay for A Child?
What is the Lawn Lounge?
Can I Upgrade My Tickets to the Lawn Lounge?
What are the Ticket Booking Fees?
Do You Offer Discounts for Concessions Or Carers?
How Do I Redeem a Ticket Voucher or Discount Code?
To redeem a discount code or ticket voucher/complimentary pass (excluding Gift Cards) simply:
- Select your preferred screening
- Enter your unique Code and Validate
- Select your discounted or complimentary ticket and Add To Cart
- Follow to prompts to proceed to checkout and complete the transaction
Please check the terms and conditions of each voucher as they may differ.
What if it is unusual weather?
If we cancel your screening we will:
- SMS the mobile number of the person who booked your ticket (hopefully they’ll share this with you if that wasn’t you).
- Put a CANCELLED message across the screening page on the website.
- Email the person who booked your ticket with instructions on how to exchange your tickets (see next FAQ)
You can view our full Wet Weather Policy HERE.
I Have Tickets to a Cancelled Session. What Now?
Eat & Drink
Can I BYO Alcohol?
Can I BYO Food?
What Food & Drinks Are Available?
How Do I Get To Sunset Cinema Wollongong?
Can I Smoke?
Can I Bring My Pet?
Is Sunset Cinema an Accessible Event?
I’ve Lost Something at the Cinema.
What Seating is Available
Can I Bring My Own Seating?
Are There Discounts for Groups?
What Can I Redeem My Gift Card For?
How Do I Redeem A Gift Card?
- Select your Sunset Cinema session at sunsetcinema.com.au
- Choose your tickets, add them to your cart & proceed to checkout
- Sign up or login to our ticketing provider
- Enter your Gift Card code under ‘Gift Card Code’ in payment methods and click APPLY
- Complete transaction & enjoy the film!